Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Addicted

As you know, I changed the way my family eats a few months ago and we are in full swing.

Almost a month ago I decided to start exercising again.

I have become obsessed. Like seriously obsessed. It is strange. I have never been this way about exercise since I was a teen.

I do the treadmill a minimum of 42 minutes a day, 7 days a week. Every other day, I do a 35 minute stability ball routine as well. A few days ago, on the days I don't do the stability ball, I added weight lifting.

You know what is weird? I look forward to it. Plan my day around it.

All this exercise has not really irritated my LS, but rather made me cope with the sweating and itching better. I have moisture wicking pants and make sure it is as cold as I can get it in the house. I still have two fissures on the perineum that are constantly battling me, but I refuse to give up.

My kids have even started working out with me too. My favorite part...on the days the kids are in school, Ash and I go on nature trails instead of doing the treadmill. This makes for a way better workout since I am forced to keep up with her on her bike! Love it! I can't wait for summer so I can enjoy nicer weather.

I made a promise that after all the hard work raising money and all the people that are paying for me to get the Stem Cell/Plasma procedure...I would get my body in the best shape possible (in 5 months) in order for my body to be able to respond and heal better.

Did I mention that all this healthy eating and working out is giving me energy that is non-stop? I made a joke the other day that I feel like I am on crack! Haha. My house has never been cleaner. LOL. Before, I had body aches and seriously felt like I was 90 some days. Now, I feel like my age!

I am getting stronger and I love that feeling. Being in control of your body and treating it like a machine is so much better than just filling it with junk.

I owe a lot of my success to a bunch of lovely ladies (in my church) that keep me motivated via a FB page called E3. We report weekly our progress and keep each other motivated. Thanks Ladies!!!!!

~S

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to actually put on the running shoes and get outside to walk but whenever I do, I feel amazing. I wish I could bottle up that feeling to remind myself daily but I bet just doing it more often would build a habit. Good for you for making such great changes! More energy is something we mama's need (as I'm practically falling asleep this afternoon...). :)

    ReplyDelete