Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Giving & Christmas

I am so excited for Christmas this year. Why? Because two friends & I surprised a dear friend of mine with gifts today!

This is a person who never has anything to open on Christmas and I wanted to make sure she had a wonderful Christmas and felt special.

As moms, we always put our kids first and make sure the day is special for them. I think that is important, but sometimes you need to feel loved, special and appreciated too. It was so much fun picking things out for her and keeping it a secret for so long.

I had a hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas this year due to being so busy at work and with the health of my dad, but doing this for my friend gave me great joy and reminded me what the true meaning of Christmas is.

We got her many things she "needed," but also some things that we each thought were fun ideas and that we like to have around the house.

I hope you remember to think of others this time of year. Even though our actions may seem small, realize that everything you do for others counts, no matter how large or small. I hope this is a Christmas that she will always remember and know that I hold her dear to my heart. She is one of the strongest, most sincere, honest women I have ever met.

Merry Christmas! Remember as you open gifts this year that joy comes from what we can give, not what we can get. ~S

"If we have the opportunity to be generous with our hearts, ourselves, we have no idea of the depth and breadth of love's reach."
-Margaret Cho

No comments:

Post a Comment