Saturday, February 2, 2013

Confusion

I FINALLY went to the Vulvar Pain Clinic in Portland last week for a check-up.

My doctor (an Obgyn) put me on three different over-the-counter creams AND another cream with nasty side effects.

Then, I went to a dermatologist for a mole removal today. I have been asking for a referral to a dermatologist (for LS) for years, so it was nice to finally go in.

While I was there, I asked her to check my LS as this is a skin disease.

She told me to NOT use ANY of the meds the other doctor gave me and wrote a prescription for another med. Interesting and confusing.

I am going to start seeing her as she is a doctor that specializes in skin issues and compared to the other millions of doctors I have seen, her bedside manner rocks!

She also informed me that my skin is "fusing."  Mainly, the labia minora is fusing with labia mijora.  Not good news. This is causing stretched skin and splitting.

Sad that I am progressing to that stage. In the LS community, this is referred to as the parts "melting together."

I am trying to keep my head up and stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment