Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Things They Say & Wish

The other day I was driving and listening to Ashlin ask me a million questions about various things as she always does. Mainly her questions involve astronomy.

She has told us her desire of wanting to be a baby again. Why, I don't know. She often will ask me to push her in her red stroller (that we still have on a shelf in the garage), has mentioned buying diapers for her and even wanted her old crib back OR for us to buy her a new one.

I am not sure where this fascination comes from or the need to stay little. Perhaps because she is my baby.  Next year she will be in Kindergarten and 6-years-old. Hard to believe.

She gets really excited when she sees "The First Star" in the sky and will squeeze her little eyes tight and make a wish. I have always wondered what she might be wishing for.

She had asked me if I take her to the doctor if they inject her with poison, if she would turn into a baby again (I have no idea where she got this idea from). She seemed disappointed when I informed her that was just not possible.

She proceeded to ask me if she wished upon the first star to be a baby, would it not come true then?

I looked at the disappointment in her face and my heart swelled for her. How I wish I could make all of her dreams come true, but we all have to grow up. In so many ways she wants to be big like her sister, but in more ways she wants to be little.

Life goes by too fast. Next year all 3 of my kids will be in school and my son will be in Middle School.

Hard to believe.  ;) ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment