Monday, June 20, 2011

MIA

I have been out of blogging for a while due to both girls being ill, then going on vacation. Stress always makes my LS worse. It was a stressful ten days and I was so grateful for friends that stepped in to take the older kids when needed, offers to bring in meals and anything else we needed. Ashlin cried the entire hour she was getting her IV-I was spent to say the least. So to all those that helped...Muuuuaahhhhh!!!!

Our vacation got off to a rocky start, but ended fabulous! My only complaint was that when camping, I did not have my bidet, or a shower that was very convenient, which makes LS worse for me. So I was pretty uncomfortable. Not to mention I had one of the worst splits of my life on my bottom. I had to miss out on some activities because of the pain (horseback riding to name one). Oh well, you just have to go on with life and get over it.

Matt and I went back to work today and I'm trying to get used to working both jobs with the kids and all their friends over here. LOL. I am super excited for summer tho and all it brings.

I have been making plans with friends on M,Tues., S and Sunday which is fun. Today I went to work, hung out with a friend and tomorrow I am going to a friend's house then out to dinner with one of my friends that just found out she is pregnant-we need to celebrate!!!

I am excited for our annual anniversary trip that is in a few short weeks. Every July we go to Cannon Beach to Stephanie Inn without the kids to relax and reconnect. After the last few weeks we had, we need it!

I have been reflecting on life a lot lately and I really am in a happy place right now. I love both my jobs, the flexibility I have to work when I want and how much I want, my kids are growing up and I have met a few new friends which I am delighted about. I have also decided to only have positive friends in my life that bring me joy, not stress.

I have friendships that are easy going, don't require much thought and others that are more work. But when a friend takes and takes, makes promises they can't keep and is just not there...what is the point?! I am blessed with many friends, some that I have had for many, many years and I decided to focus on and enrich those instead of putting myself out there for someone who is not interested. I am sad about it, but frankly over it.

I'm sure all of you can relate at some level. I tend to be a very giving person and sometimes people can take advantage of that :(

I hope you all have a great week!!!!  ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment