Sunday, June 5, 2011

SICK!!! :(

Maddie has a terrible case of the flu. I worry about her because she is six and only 45 pounds. When she can't hold fluids down, I get nervous that she will get dehydrated. She has been very ill with body aches and can't keep anything down. After being up all night cleaning up barf and running a bath, today I finally went to the store while Matt was at work to get her some staples (applesauce, Pedialite, crackers and soda to calm her belly).

I started to feel sick myself and needless to say, now have a temperature of 104. Yikes. Hoping my body waits to start vomiting until after Matt gets home. Luckily, I had a few friends offer to bring a meal, go to the store (although I decided to go myself and one even dropped off movies for her to watch :)

I am hoping this passes quickly as we have vacation plans in the very near future :(

Work has been interesting. My schedule is (work in the office for an hour on M, W, T and F) and then come home and work for around 3-5 hours a day. Not bad, but if you count in the driving time to get to Lake Oswego and back..it takes up at least half the day. I have also maintained my volunteer schedule which means that at the moment, Matt and I don't have any days off together. However, on Friday, I go into the office and don't come home and work since I have all weekend to do it-so we can at least hang out for half a day on Friday :)

My schedule is about to get busier with teaching a writing class (starting on the 21st). It will add another two hours a day to my schedule. Hopefully I will get in a routine soon.

I have made sure to still plan stuff with friends tho and overall have been happy about the way my life is going. Just a bit harder to fit everything in :) I am also grateful that I can take Ashlin to the office on Monday and Matt is with the kids the other days-no daycare!

I hope you are all enjoying the weather!!! HaPpY SuMmEr~S

No comments:

Post a Comment