Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Life is Fragile

Yesterday was a rollercoaster kind of day. The kids were fighting and grumpy all.day.long. I had a spouse event that was crazy, stressful and wonderful all at the same time. Then, I found out that my cousin lost his four month old baby. I came home and went straight to bed.

In times like this, I realize just how fragile life is. In a matter of seconds, your life can change forever. As I went to bed, I walked in each of my kids rooms and stood over their beds thinking about how blessed I was  to have one more day with them.

I know my cousin will see his son again some day, but my heart is hurting for their loss and the road they must now walk. No one should have to experience losing a child. I am sick with grief, as is my whole family.

In memory of little Ollie.....please don't take one day with your children or loved ones for granted.

~S


No comments:

Post a Comment