Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Year

All of our fundraisers are done.

I am waiting on the Scentsy and Craft Boutique funds to come in (around $200 total) and my brother has promised a donation as well. That should bring us up to around $5,650.

We are getting so close to 7k!

Since the doctor requires the money for the Stem Cell procedure up front, we will make the first appointment when we reach 7k. At that point, all we will have to worry about is travel expenses.

In the Spring, we have two more fundraisers planned: A plant sale & silent auction thanks to two of my very good friends :)

My husband is also thinking of doing one in the next few months.

I am nervous about the actual procedure. Will it work? How much pain will it cause? What will my recovery be like and so forth. But, I have faith that this is the right direction.

At the end of the month, I am getting a biopsy for skin cancer (Vulvar Cancer). Because I have not responded to the conventional (and only) treatment, too much scar tissue has built up and cancer is a concern. Pray it will be negative as a positive result will delay the Stem Cell procedure.

Thanks for listening. Happy New Year. ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment