Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Wrap-Up

The last two weeks have been fun. Work has been light and so I have been spending a ton of time with the kids. Matt and I have also been on many dates thanks to some gift cards (movies, comedy club).

This last week we went to Mt. Hood to sled. It was so much fun. I went snow shoeing for the first time and am addicted. What great exercise! I think Matt and I will try to do it more often. Being in Mt. Hood made us want to move closer to snow. We even looked at some properties in the area for fun.

I am pretty proud of myself too. It was 14 degrees on the mountain and all I had on was a tank-top, cardigan, hat and gloves. We tried to find me a winter coat on the way with no success. I am glad Matt bought me some Danner boots a few months back.

Considering that we lived in Utah for 23 years, it is hard NOT to be around snow :(. I love everything about it: driving in it, the brightness, the cold, the crunching sound as you walk on it and watching my kids sled like I used to when I was little.

We sold our kids' outdoor playhouse as well. We decided after much thought to do something fun with the money instead of saving it or putting it in the donation fund for my procedure. The last six months with Matt on graves was hell and we wanted to celebrate him being done, so we got a hotel while at Mt. Hood.

While we were there, we went to eat at a pizza place called Ratskellar. I was so excited! I ate at Ratskellar when I was a kid (in Utah) all the time with my family before it closed down. I have never seen one since! So fun to eat there with my kids :). It was just as good as I remember.

We also went shooting (Matt, Ashlin & I) while the kids were in school. Ash and I (after shooting) went exploring in the woods and had fun taking pics. 

Here are some pics. ~S

Dinner at Zig Zag Inn

Mt. Hood Sledding (Jaiden)

Matt snow shoeing

We made Ashlin a bed with two leather chairs at the hotel for fun :)

Ratskeller Pizza!

Resort at the Mountain (Matt & Jaiden)

Shooting in the Mountains

Ashlin's pic. Pretty good.
Madeleine (she is getting so big!)
Ashlin

Me & Ash





No comments:

Post a Comment