Thursday, March 31, 2011

Research

Today I submitted a public statement to The Institute of Medicine, charged by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. They are doing a consensus study of our country's current state of pain research, medical management and education and are seeking comments from chronic pain sufferers and medical professionals who treat chronic pain disorders pertaining to:  

     (1) Barriers to medical care; 
     (2) Opportunities to improve pain care; and 
     (3) Groups that may not be adequately treated for pain.  

Basically, I briefly summarized the impact my disease has on my health and quality of life.           

I also shared my story with the NVA (National Vulvodynia Association) who may pass it along to local and national newspapers.

I am excited to be a part of this and hope good things will come out of it! ~S   

 

1 comment: