Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Recap

A ton has gone on in the last week. So here is a recap...

1.  Our Honda Accord is on it's last leg. Right now, we have to drive with the air circulation on (to take air out and bring fresh air in) which makes the car fog up and I can't see. Then when we are at a stop light, we have to pray it cycles quickly so we are not breathing in nasty fumes. Why? Because our oxygen sensor on the exhaust is not working (long story), will be costly to replace (again, long story) and we temporarily glued one on to pass emissions (again, long story) and is now burning off (the glue) and sending fumes into our car.This is not the only issue. We also have: a cracked and shredded CV boot, leaking transmission and oil fluid and warped rotors. The car is not worth the cost to repair it, so, we have decided, after much thought, to get a Honda Pilot through Costco's Auto Program. I can't wait.

2.  I asked for, and got a raise at my editing job. My manager told me to ask for a certain amount, but, I ended up asking the boss for more and he approved it! Hurray. I also just asked to take on another class at the University. It will basically double my pay-keep your fingers crossed!

3. I have not started painting the girls' room as we have been dealing with all this car drama, had sleepovers on the weekend and Maddie started barfing last night. Seriously, she is sick again?!

4.  I am getting rid of the girls' bunk bed and putting a trundle bed in their room. They sleep together and always have, but I want the trundle in case one night they change their mind :).

5.  We have decided that instead of going to Zions and Bryce Canyon while on vacation in Utah this summer, we will instead head over to Colorado to see Matt's dad. We have never seen their house and since it is only five hours from Utah, why not?

6.  I got free tickets to a comedy show this weekend! Score! Will be nice to have a date night :). Hopefully, no one else will get sick so we can actually go.

7. I am hoping for a call early this week that my wedding ring is done. Can you say anxious?!

8. We are also pondering getting rid of cable (Comcast) and getting Hulu or a Roku. But, I need to research if I will still be able to watch certain shows. I hate paying for cable.

9. I have a meeting this week to take on a temporary job editing a dissertation for a friend that is getting his Ph.D. I know, I am crazy to take on yet another job.

Hope you all have a good week!  Here is a silly pic of Ash. Love that girl! ~S


No comments:

Post a Comment