Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY Project

When we first bought our house, I did my girls' room in green with one wall striped (white, green & pink). Fast forward five years and now they do not like it. Maddie wants a "teenage" room and Ash wants anything other than pink. LOL.

I took them to Home Depot and had them each pick out a few colors (without me swaying them). Ash picked out a blue, chocolate brown and yellow. Maddie picked out an army green, beige and taupe. We went home and taped them to their wall so they could decide.

They ended up choosing a chocolate brown and taupe that look beautiful together. So a few days ago I started taking down all the things (clock, Pottery Barn decorations, etc.) that will no longer match their room. In all reality, I can change a few things to match so the only thing we are getting rid of is their clock. No biggie. Ash hated the constant "tick, tick" anyway :).

I have to get them new bedding, but I am going to hang on to their quilts and use them as throw blankets or bedding when family comes since they were not cheap.

I am excited to get painting their room and I have purchased some fun things to make the room look cute.

I finished grading finals this morning, my other class is relatively quiet until Sunday and I have the weekend off from editing, so hopefully I will get started in the next few days.

I will post before and after pics when I am done :). Wish me luck! ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment