Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Emotional

My heart hurts today and I am literally fighting back tears. Why?

  • Starting tomorrow, my friend has to say goodbye to her son for the next five years.
  • I found out one of my friends is getting divorced and my son may lose a close friend.
  • I am saddened for the woman who was gunned down in Texas, shot and killed and her three day old baby taken. Her poor husband.
  • I am hurting for a friend of mine who is struggling with almost all aspects of her life (never been married, no kids, loss of job and so forth).
  • A friend of mine is in a horrible custody battle to keep her daughter.
  • My mom's voices are saying she is going to die again.
  • My dad is having shoulder surgery that will take months and months to recover from.
  • I am sad that when I sit down I cringe. But at least that is the worst of my worries right now. Things could be worse.
Sometimes, the ugly in the world makes me so very sad. I am grateful that I felt the sun on my face this morning, heard birds chirping out my window and held my kids tight tonight. Tomorrow will be better :). ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment