Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring

Things have been busy. My parents came to town a few days ago and I worked 47 hours this last week at my editing job. I am currently grading and needed a break to sip some caffeine and of course blog.

Easter was so nice with all of our friends around to join in the festivities. We hosted a lunch and egg hunt (as we do every year) at our house on Saturday. We played games, ate some great food and the kids (all 20 of them) enjoyed an egg hunt. Then my parents got in town later that day.

I have been working since they got here, but I took the next two days off from editing so we could go to the beach and Tulip Festival in Woodburn. They leave on Friday, so I figured we should go have some fun.

Portland has seen some sun the last few days and it has been wonderful. I've had my windows open, birds are chirping and the sun just makes me happy. I am really excited for summer. I can't wait to put the hammock up and sit outside and listen to the kids play.


I also got some pretty Spring flowers for the porch and we planted some bushes that we got from our friend's nursery. I also found a dinner bell at Home Goods and hung it on the porch. So fun. The kids have had fun ringing it :).


I need to send out invites for Maddie's party at the end of the month and we are going camping for two nights right before her birthday-it should be fun. She wants to take some friends to Sky High. That place is so cool! Have you been there?

Here are some pics of Easter :).






Hope you have a great week! ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment