Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy 35th!

Today is BOTH of my childhood friends' birthdays. Happy Birthday Shannon & Aimee!!!!!!!!!

I am so grateful to have both these lovely ladies in my life.

Shannon & I have been friends forever! I have a picture of both of us walking out of Kindergarten together. She is beautiful, talented, compassionate, a mother of four and one of the most kind-hearted women I know. I hope she knows that despite the miles that separate us, I cherish our friendship, realize that even though we are not in touch that frequently, I still think of her often and admire her.

Here is a picture of Shannon and her most recent birthday party for her son Oliver (don't you love that name for a boy?!). As you can see, Shannon is hands down the winner in my book with creating beautiful, creative kids' birthday parties-you should see pictures of her other son's parties! If I lived close, I would pressure, plea and beg for Shannon to start a business with me designing kids parties. No, really I would! I love you Shannon....Happy Birthday!


Aimee & I met in high school. Aimee was the beauty queen, singer, popular, gorgeous, stylish, confident, caring and a really good friend (and still is!). I loved and still love her fashion sense, sweet spirit and generosity. My most favorite memories are of me lying on her bed talking about marriage, our future and so forth. She is a wonderful mom,wife and a great friend.

Aimee home schools her kids (something I am in complete aw of), active in the church and the mother of two.  Aimee is also very crafty and a perfectionist like me. I miss her dearly and hope to come visit her soon. Happy Birthday beautiful lady. Love you.



Both Aimee & Shannon struggle with pain like me, but in different ways. Whenever I am down, pouting about my disease or feel hopeless, all I have to do is read a few posts on FB about these two ladies and I know that life does go on, there are other people struggling out there and if need be, I can call both of them for support or for a shoulder to cry on. I hope they both know that I would do the same for them. I wish we lived closer :( Now that you both live in the same state, I will have to come see you this summer.

Thanks for being in my life ladies. Happy Birthday to you both! ~S

2 comments:

  1. Sherrie, You are amazing!! Thank you SOO MUCH for remembering our birthday!! I love you and miss you terribly, my sweet, thoughtful friend!! You are one in a million and I can't imagine not having you as a part of my life. Much love! Hugs & Kisses!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Aren't you the sweetest friend in the whole world! I was reading along and suddenly there I was, starring on your blog! I thank you most sincerely for your kind sentiments and compliments to me. I have always held your friendship with high esteem and I love you through and through. Thank you for years of memories, friendships, laughter, listening (your one of the best listeners on earth), and for being a part of my life.

    You sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete