Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Keeping Busy

The last couple of days have been a roller coaster, but I think I am doing okay and am happy with how productive we were. We had a great trip to the beach (I say great loosely due to certain events that I can now laugh at), got our glass door installed, the front door painted a new color, a door knocker ordered from Pottery Barn, the girls table assembled, wood shelves bought (we need to fit and stain them) for the pantry and had friends over for dinner.

Last week I went on two outings to celebrate my belated birthday and another friend's birthday with friends and got an awesome review from my employer. I find that if I keep busy, family stress (in regards to my mom and brother) is easier to handle. But I have noticed my body taking a hit. I have been tired, it has been harder to balance both jobs, the house, kids and so forth. I have acne from stress, have been overly itchy (thanks LS), have a canker sore and just feel crummy. I know I need to slow down and take a breather.

The next few days are finals for my students and I have a ton of grading to do, plus my editing job-especially if I am heading to MT shortly. I know I will get through it though. I am just grateful that I love the work I do. It is such a blessing to have money now to treat friends, buy gifts, have nights out, take the kids to do more activities and know that all those years of school were worth it. I am so lucky to have found two great jobs. In times of stress, it always helps me to think of all the positives in my life.

Tomorrow we are going out with friends for dinner and Thursday I am going school shopping with one of my best friends and her MIL-I am excited! I also hope to get some cuddle time in with my little one :) I have learned that you just look to the future, keep going despite challenges and push on.

Have a Great Week! ~S

1 comment:

  1. Sherry,
    So sorry for all your family circumstances, that would be very difficult. I am just so amazed that you are doing so much! Totally jealous of the extra money part too. What would that be like ;) Wow, I admire your productivity for sure! Glad that being busy is helping ease your mind a bit. I hope your bro and mom get well soon.

    ReplyDelete