Friday, July 8, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile :)

Just wanted to share some things that made me smile this week. It is important when you have a disease to reflect on the simple things in life...

1.  My three year old asked me, "Mom, if I eat a lot of ice and food will I get fat like dad? Cuz I wanna be big like dad." Too funny!! She also says she is going to marry me when she gets older. I asked her who would marry daddy then. Her reply, "Who is bigger than daddy?!"

2. My boss approved me to work after hours when the office is closed :) I'm sure I will be more productive AND I can work any night once Matt gets off work. IDEAL!

3.  Seeing my son and his friend who he has been out of touch with for a few years, play again.

4.  My six year old daughter giving me kisses on the cheek for no apparent reason.

5. After coming back from an overnight getaway with the hubs, my little one ran to me and wrapped her arms around me and gave me the tightest hug.

6. My first paycheck (and the amount) from my teaching job at the University. Can you say new glass door for our house and possibly something fun from Pottery Barn?!

7. My new friendship with a neighbor. She cracks me up and has the greatest sense of humor.

8. My husband having his co-worker pick up flowers at Costco and then surprising me with them.

9. My husband, again, bringing home flowers for no special reason other than to surprise me.

10.  The arrival of my parents this week!!!!

Have a great weekend!! ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment