Friday, July 6, 2012

13

Today, I have been married for 13 years!

From the beginning:

1.  We met at a grocery store (Smith's) in Sandy, Utah.
2.  We were married after six weeks (in July of 1999).
3.  We had our first child (Jaiden) in 2001.
4.  We moved to Oregon (from Utah) in 2002.
5.  We had our second and third child (daughters) in 2005 and 2007.
6.  We moved 5 times the first 5 years in Oregon.
7.  Matt became an officer in 2006.
8.  I graduated from college in 2006 (BA) and 2010 (MBA).
9.  We bought our first home together in 2007.
10.  We bought our first "new" car in 2012.
11.  I started working (since having my first child) in 2011.
12.  We got our first pet (as a family..meaning "after" we had kids) in 2011.
13.  Our son starting babysitting our girls (hurray) in 2012.

Funny Facts:

1.  The first time I farted around Matt, I pretended I was coughing. LOL.
2.  I am known for belching in public while pregnant.
3.  I have said some embarrassing things meant for only Matt's ears in public.
4.  I am known to leave "mom" stuff (random things I pick up off the floor during the day)in the pockets of his hoodies.
5.  I still sleep with my baby blankey and Matt has accepted that :).
6.  I am going on about 30+ years of biting my nails and have no plan to stop.
7.  Matt says "uh-uh" in his sleep which is really cute.
8.  I like to be covered from neck to ankles when I sleep (in clothes), Matt prefers the buff.
9.  I still talk in a baby voice when I feel too shy to say things.
10. We may have "lit" our farts on fire while camping (or attempted to) before we had kids. Side note: I grew up with three brothers :). Explains a lot huh?!
11.  I made a wish at a waterfall while visiting Oregon (before we moved here) to get pregnant and it came true. I conceived Jaiden while on vacation :).
12.  We may have dumped some junk in the middle of nowhere when we were first married and took off in our car with our hearts thumping (I know, so bad!).
13.  I made Matt pee in bottles on the way to our honeymoon (we drove to San Francisco) so we didn't have to stop so much. Teehee. (Don't worry, he still does this!)

Truths:

1.  He is my best friend.
2.  He makes me laugh daily.
3. I can be myself around him.
4. He still makes my heart race.
5. He has accepted that I am a book worm and perfectionist.
6.  He lets me be independent.
7.  He believes in me.
8.  He is the best cook I know (and does most of it!)
9.  I could not ask for a better father for my children.
10.  He is creative and comes up with the best stories.
11.  We have great plans in store for our future.
12.  He surprises me all the time with random gifts (flowers, jewelry, cards).
13. I can't wait to renew my vows next year on the beach with all our friends and family.

Love you Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment