Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Fun

With editing & grading, I have worked 50 hour weeks the last two weeks.  So I have to make sure to fit in fun things with the kids.

Yesterday we went to the beach (Matt even came along despite having to work graveyards and slept on the way) and today I met a friend at a park to play in the fountain.

I have tomorrow off and I plan on cleaning! I am also going to take the kids to see Brave.

My older brother that I have not seen in years (he lived in Dubai the last 3+ years) recently moved back to the states (Chicago) and is here this week on business. He is going to spend Wednesday night with us and my house is a wreck :/. Time to get organized. He he.

I am excited for Maddie to meet him as she is going to fly out (to Nevada where he is moving) to spend some time with his family in August.

Luckily, I only spend about 2-4 hours a day at the office (4x a week) and the rest of the time I work in the evenings when the kids are in bed or mornings when Matt is here (from home). So, I get to spend ample time playing with the kids and planning outings :).

Did I mention that a friend of mine (from graduate school) hired me to edit his dissertation?
He is going to pay me 2k. How awesome is that?!

Now just to find time to fit it in! Haha.

Happy Summer! I am loving these sun shiny days :). ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment