Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fundraisers

Well blog readers, I have gone live. I have decided to do the stem cell treatment.

My very good friend Shanon has set up a fundraiser at a local Christmas tree farm. We are in the process of getting flyer's ready.

I have two other friends with businesses that are willing to do a fundraiser as well.

We are setting up a bank account for donations and I will see if I can put a link on this site.

Part of going "live" is having people ask for details.

It is hard to admit that I have something wrong with me and I can't fix it. Darn you mom & dad for raising me to be so independent!

I am hoping this climb of raising 7k is not as daunting as it seems.

Here is the flyer from the current fundraiser :).

FUNDRAISER FOR SHERRIE

Sherrie’s friends are partnering with Mountain View Tree Farm for a Christmas Tree fundraiser.

Mountain View Tree Farm is a local tree farm with Douglas Fir trees ranging in height from 5’-15’ and Noble Fir trees from 3’-6’.

Each year the profits from their public U-cut are donated to local charities. This year they are helping us raise funds for Sherrie’s medical treatments and the travel costs associated with these treatments. All U-cut trees are $20 for any size and 50% of this will go to a medical fund for Sherrie. There will also be free cookies, cocoa, and a small Santa’s Workshop with items to purchase.

The U-cut will be open on Friday, November 23rd, Saturday, November 24th, and Saturdays December 1st, 8th, and 15th from 9am to 4pm. Other times are available by appointment. To make an appointment for a different time, please contact Aaron at 503-615-5800.

Location:
Mountain View Tree Farm
30393 SW Egger Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97123

Thank you for helping us with this fundraiser!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I think that fact that breast cancer is so common makes it easier for women to talk about. Lady part diseases aren't as common, or so it seems, so I get where you are/were hesitant to share. I hope that you are able to raise the funds that you need to get where you need to go! Have you guys thought of a rummage sale? Or places like Baja Fresh do fundraisers for events, we've done one for our retreat at church. They donate like 25% of their proceeds from a nights sale from your guests. You could give flyers out at your church, kids school, etc. Also, you're always such a baker during the holidays. Maybe you could offer to sell pies, fudge, etc? Praying you get to $7k before you know it!

    ReplyDelete