Friday, November 16, 2012

Weekly Update

This last week has been a roller coaster of emotions.

I had to grade 65+ psychology finals and start a philosophy class as well + editing.

Last night my friend took me out to dinner and to a movie. I was appalled that a little girl that could not have been more than 4 had been at the theatre since 11 am (I got there for the 10pm showing) for the Twilight Saga.

As I was watching the movie, I was in shock that a mother would subject her child to the violence and sex scenes (although mild) in this movie. Some people should not be parents :/  The crazy part was she kept getting mad at her daughter for not staying seated (keep in mind that she had been watching movies ALL DAY) and I had to hear this little girl keep saying, "mommy it's scary!"
Wow.

In other news, I am so blessed to have so many people doing fundraisers for me (a few complete strangers).

So far this is what we have:
Christmas Tree Fundraiser
Shiraz Fundraiser
A designer doing a special card for the online boutique
A designer doing a special pair of earrings dedicated to the cause
An author donating a portion of her sales to the cause
An online boutique in the works from my friends in Utah
A Scentsy party planned with a portion going to the cause
A 5k planned for the Spring
A plant sale at a nursery planned for in the Spring
My friend in Kentucky is donating 20% of her jewelry sales until after the holidays

I am truly blessed. I have faith that I will be able to get my first treatment by the summer :).

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment