Monday, November 26, 2012

Hello Again

I have not blogged for a while. Not sure why. Probably a combination of nothing to say, busy with work, Thanksgiving & being sick. So here is a little update.

My first fundraiser started last week. I am sure the Christmas tree fundraiser will be successful as the nursery is doing their own advertising as well as my own that I have done. The Shiraz dinner is in a few days :). With a promised donation from a friend, we are up to just over 2k.

I got a Starbucks gift card from a fellow professor via email today. So nice ;)

I am feeling better. I still have the cough, congestion and mild sore throat, but with each day I am feeling stronger.

I have the inside of the house decorated for Christmas, but we still need to do the outside and cut down our tree. I am hoping to do that this week.

I spent Thanksgiving weekend editing 85 pages. I ended up going to the office last night so I could go to a fire station field trip with Ash today :)

Tomorrow is my husband's 34th birthday. He took the night off, so after I get done visit teaching the women in my church, we will have the day together :).

I am so grateful for friends, complete strangers and family. Many people say they are giving, do charitable acts or other services, but until you actually need help, you don't fully realize who those people are. So many people have power in utilizing their connections, community or simply just adding people to the FB page. Awareness is the first step with my disease and I am grateful for every one's help and those that are still in the process  of spreading the word.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Here are some pic's of what we have been up to :)  ~S

Halloween 2012

At the Marsh house for a party.






Finished wood upstairs.

 
Pinkalicious with Gwen

Our "Elf on the Shelf" came.
Wrote letters to Santa.

Thanksgiving 2012


 

No comments:

Post a Comment