Monday, February 28, 2011

Multiple Monday

My friend does a similar thing on Mondays, so I figured it would be fun to try it on this blog.

Multiple Question Monday

What did you do last night?
I went to an amazing restaurant to celebrate my brother's last night in Portland. It's downtown, the food and atmosphere are excellent and they even created some dishes for my kids (seasoned popcorn to tide them over until dinner, pasta, bread and salad). It's called Clyde Common. It's an upscale European Tavern. Here is the website in case you want to check it out. http://www.clydecommon.com/

What’s your favorite time of day?

It's a toss up. Either the mornings (from 7-11:45) when the two older kids are in school and it's just me and Ash. Often we meet my hubby for lunch or I do fun stuff with friends. Or, at night once the kids go to bed and my husband and I have alone time, or he goes to bed and I get to read, watch senseless TV or play around on the computer.


What was your New Year’s resolution this year? How long did it take you to break it?

I actually just made a monthly goal for January which was to not eat sugar the whole month. I did it and lost 14 lbs. Obviously I eat WAY too much sugar :) I have kept the weight off, but am back to eating sugar. LOL!

What is your biggest regret?

This one is easy. I wish I would have dated in high school instead of having steady boyfriends. From the time I was 15 until 22 I always had a boyfriend. I would break-up with one and have another immediately. The first time I was alone was when I was 22. I went nine months not dating anyone and then I met my husband. It was good for me to reflect on my values, goals and what I wanted in a partner without being tied down to someone. I am going to encourage both my daughters to hold off on having a steady boyfriend-if that's possible :)

What’s the last thing you ate?

A Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie. Darn you Michelle for making me buy them!


What’s the last impulse buy you made?

Three novels at Costco. I have been devouring books lately! The one I am currently starting is Jacquelyn Mitchard's A Theory of Relativity.


What was the last thing that made you feel like an idiot?

I have been looking at wood floors lately and went to a place called Lumber Liquidators. The problem is, for some reason that day my words were getting jumbled and I said to a salesman at another store that we had got a quote from Liquid Lumbergators. It was so embarrassing!

Have you ever been in a car accident?
No. I have been in two fender benders, but nothing major.

When and where was your best vacation?
My best vacation was a few years ago (our tenth anniversary) when we finally left our kids over night for the first time and went to the coast. We stayed at the Stephanie Inn. http://stephanie-inn.com/ 
I LOVE that place and we plan on returning each year. We walk around the beach, nap, relax and dine. It made me realize how important it is to get away from the kids and spend alone time with your spouse. I felt so refreshed after. I would highly recommend it to anyone who visits the Oregon Coast. It is pricey, but well worth the money. -S



No comments:

Post a Comment