Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Why I Love my Husband:

  • He cooks more than I do (I always tell him he should have been a chef!)
  • He spray painted games on our sub floor (after we ripped out the carpet to prep for wood floors) and cut wood blocks for the kids to play games
  • He cleans and helps out with the kids without asking
  • He supported me through six years of school
  • He works hard (he is working from 4am-6pm today..poor guy)
  • He is furthering his education which makes me very proud of him
  • He is a playful dad-my favorite activity is our lantern walks with the kids
  • He makes me laugh and has a great sense of humor
  • He tells me often that I am beautiful
  • He sees me and not my disease
  • He surprises me with gifts often
  • He is sensitive, kind and thoughtful
  • He makes me want to be a better person
  • He is romantic, passionate and loving
  • He puts up with how high strung and anal I can be
  • He worked hard so I could stay home and raise our kids the last nine years
  • ....the list goes on and on :)
As of this July, we will be married 12 years. I am so blessed to have found such a wonderful husband and I cannot imagine my life without him. I am so grateful that almost twelve years ago I walked into a grocery store, handed him a piece of paper with my phone number and took a risk :) Although my husband cannot spend Valentines with me because he has work, overtime and school...I am excited to see him when he gets home and make the most of the rest of our night.

I hope you all reflect today on the loved ones in your life whether it be friends, family or lovers. I am grateful for each of you. -S


The Definition Of Love by Andrew Marvell
My love is of a birth as rare
As 'tis for object strange and high:
It was begotten by Despair
Upon Impossibility.

Magnanimous Despair alone
Could show me so divine a thing,
Where feeble Hope could ne'er have flown
But vainly flapped its tinsel wing.

And yet I quickly might arrive
Where my extended soul is fixed
But Fate does iron wedges drive,
And always crowds itself betwixt.

For Fate with jealous eye does see
Two perfect loves, nor lets them close:
Their union would her ruin be,
And her tyrranic power depose.

And therefore her decrees of steel
Us as the distant Poles have placed
(Though Love's whole world on us doth wheel)
Not by themselves to be embraced,

Unless the giddy heaven fall,
And earth some new convulsion tear;
And, us to join, the world should all
Be cramped into a planisphere.

As lines (so loves) oblique may well
Themselves in every angle greet:
But ours so truly parallel,
Though infinite, can never meet.

Therefore the love which us doth bind,
But Fate so enviously debars,
Is the conjunction of the mind,
And opposition of the stars.

1 comment:

  1. Sherrie, the invite worked! I had never heard of this disease before and my heart was so saddened to read your story. But also, I am in awe of your strength and how much you don't let it get you down. You are a go getter! You won't let anything get in the way of your success and it shows.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete