Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reality Check

Hopefully as you read and view this, the reality and daily struggles of my disease will not shock you. In the past, I have called these fissures. Today, I am feeling more like they should be called massive fault lines, ravines, lacerations or a barbaric episiotomy by a blind doctor who used dull scissors. Regardless, they suck!

I'm going out on a limb showing you this...however, out of all the pictures I have seen on the internet about LS..none of them represent me-so I will show you this once, so you know what LS does to me. I always have at least one of these and it is not common to have five at one time. The skin is white from scar tissue.

This is what I am currently dealing with. Think of a paper cut, but on your private and as wide as a pencil. There are two and they are huge, covering the length of the Perineum. On a scale of 1-10, my pain level is an 8. It's not the most painful ones I've had, but close. It hurts when I sit, walk, use the bathroom, stings and itches all day. I am in chronic pay All.Day.Long.

Combined with my cold/sinus infection, I am very uncomfortable this week. It's taking all my energy to meet the basic needs of the kids and function as a human being. Once again, this is a pain day (weeks) for me until they heal. It's in the raw stage right now, which is always the worst part. Keep me in your thoughts, on days like this, it is hard to even get out of bed :)  -S

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave! I can't even imagine having such severe pain in such a sensitive area for so long a time. My thoughts and prayers are always with you Sherrie!

    ReplyDelete