Monday, October 24, 2011

Speechless...Almost

My parents are not coming (they have cancelled four times now), my mom is in the hospital getting a blood transfusion, my dad choked at Costco today and a man shopping had to help him out (that is twice now in a month), I am tired, grading finals and about to head to my other job. Life is stressful. Breathe......

My thoughts today:
I wish my kids had grandparents that were involved in their lives other than mine. My husbands parents are not that involved-my kids are not even sure who they are. Due to MY parents health, my kids get disappointed a lot when they cancel visits. I need to quit telling them that they are coming!

I now know why I expect people to follow through with promises they make. I lack that solid female relationship in a mother, have no sisters, so for me, my girlfriends need to be stable and positive. I am grateful for all of them. Especially because they have proven to me that they will be there when life gets rough.

On a positive note-I sent a message to all my friends asking them to donate some money (to the girls I was a nanny for) after their dad recently shot himself. I was so touched and brought to tears by the love that was shown. For people to give money to a family they don't even know, was so amazing to me. Thank you :)

I also asked friends to donate baby boy clothes for one of my friends that is due in a few months and the response I got was equally impressive. She has boxes of clothes now and should be set for the first year. Thank you Stacia, Laurie & Shawn.

It is wonderful to see people helping each other out despite the economy and the tight financial situations many people are in.

I am exited for this week. Matt's last day of work is Tuesday and then he is off until November 4th. We have many fun things planned. Hope you all have a great week. ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment