Monday, November 21, 2011

Signing Off

Hi Blog Readers,
I have a ton going on in my life right now. I know I need to take care of myself, but currently, my dad has to be the priority.

Along with cancer, he is battling Parkinson's, the fact that he is not mobile/independent anymore and in the hospital for who knows how long.

I knew from the time I was little, my journey in life would lead me here-making decisions in regards to my dad's health, but I must admit, I pictured myself more mature, more knowledgeable, experienced and more emotionally stable.  But, I don't think anyone is ready for this.  All I can do is take it day by day, talk it out over and over with friends and cry until I can't cry anymore.

My brothers and I have to make some big decisions over the next few weeks which leaves little time for blogging.

Pray we will make the right ones. I will leave you with a quote.

"Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge, rebound off the banks in unforeseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences." --Ben Aaronovitch

See you on the flip side :) Happy Holidays. ~S

2 comments:

  1. I will be there to listen anytime you need to talk, Sherrie. I know you and your brothers will make the best decision to help your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and your family and praying, too. It's so sweet how much you love your mom and dad and want to make the right decisions for their future. Love you!

    ReplyDelete