Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stress

Stress is ugly. Plain and simple. But, just when I start to relax, more starts creeping up. So here is a very brief blog post about what's up in the Barbee house. Pray for me, I am close to losing it. Literally.

1} My dad went by ambulance to the hospital today. He will be there for a few days. I am heart broken and not sure what to do.

2} My daughter needs some decisions made on her behalf in regards to education and her learning disabilities and I am not sure what to do.

3} It has been almost 1.5 years since I had my LS checked and had a skin cancer biopsy. I know I need to go in, but am not sure I can handle what they will tell me, so....I keep putting it off.

4} Balancing work, volunteering, friends and family is tough. I am taking it day-by-day.

5} I need to make a two year plan in regards to my career path. When Ash starts school, I want to be making A LOT more money and putting my two degrees to better use. That is, have a career I always envisioned. I love my jobs now because they allow me to avoid daycare, but when Ash starts school, I will no longer be content.

6} My husband is not doing well with his health and I don't know what to do.

Trying to work at home with three kids (and sometimes their friends) is so challenging. I am working anywhere from 25-35 hours a week right now (about 10 of that is at the office and Matt watches them). So I have to get creative to be able to spend time with Ash all day, take the boy to after school activities, Maddie to Girl Scouts and play dates and spend time with the husband. It is possible though. But, some weeks are busier than others.

How have I been dealing with all this stress?! Chocolate, coffee, nights out with friends (thanks Michelle and Jennifer!) laughing, crying, senseless TV, and looking forward to all the great things that happen this time of year. I will endure....I have to :) ~S

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry so much is going on for you Sherrie, that is tough. I'll be praying that you find a way to balance it all and for all the health issues affecting your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrie, somtimes you need to try to complete fewer things every day or you will burn yourself out. I know because it is a situation I have faced most of my life. You can't "save" everyone, and you must learn to save yourself first or there will be a point where you can't help others.Begin saying no to a few things.

    You need to get your LS checked. I let things go with my own health last year and almost died after my hysterectomy. You want to find out so you can be pro-active.

    I am praying for you. You are part of my family, and I love you. Call me anytime, and I mean it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete