Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Zombie 5k!!!!!!!!

I did a 5k with a few of my friends (Jennifer & Shanon) and my husband.

It was such a cool experience. It was a Zombie Apocalypse trail run at Heiser Farms in Dayton, OR.

And by trail run I mean rocks, sticks, lots of mud, hills and uneven terrain.

The Heiser Farm has tons of stuff for the kids to do. My kids kept themselves entertained the entire time! We will defiantly be heading back there next year in the Fall.

The kids started off with a kids dash. Maddie won first place in her age group. Ash and Jaiden did great too. It was fun to get the whole family involved.

Matt & I pretty much stayed together the entire time. I was ahead of him a few times, but he always caught up.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but so much fun at the same time.

It was supposed to rain, but luckily the weather was perfect. I finished within my goal time and let me tell you, my body hurt for about three days after.

I am already planning my next 5k in February. I think we will make it a family tradition. Next time, Jaiden will be running it with me :).

The best part about the Zombie run, the army helicopters flying overhead telling us to stay on the trail due to the area being infected. It was really cool and realistic of a zombie apocalypse. It was also fun to be part of the "survivor" team and look back as hundreds of zombies were waiting (two minutes after we started the 5k) to be released and come after us. Needless to say, I got my life flags taken pretty quick!!

Good times. -S


Right before the kids' dash.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment