Sunday, September 18, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

Why hello there! It has been 9 days since I last blogged, but for good reason. So here is a little...okay, LONG update.

  • We had to move ALL of our stuff out of the garage, into the backyard, back into the garage, back out of the garage and finally, into the neighbors garage. Why? Because we had a water pipe break weeks ago and we had to fix all the damage. We figured since we had everything out, why not texture and paint the garage! Sounds fun huh? NOT. We have it textured, this week we will be working on painting.
  • We had Ashlin's 4th birthday which was a blast. Me and Ash met Matt in Tigard for coffee, met friends at Chucky Cheese, then McDonald's and then a party that evening. She had a great day. Some of the gifts she got were: A pillow pet, bike with training wheels, perfume, lip gloss, lunch box, games and other fun stuff.
  • We had our annual BBQ for the police department. We served appetizers, ribs, hot dogs and hamburgers. It was fun, but extremely tiring-the setting up and cleaning up kills me after grilling for hours.
  • Jaiden has received three treatments. It is a pain going to Kaiser two times a week and having him take it easy for two hours after due to a lowered immune system...but you do what you have to do.
  • I am teaching my third class starting on Tuesday (a film class). So far, I have taught Communications and Writing. I am excited, however, I am starting while grading my COMM class finals. Can you say 57 students, ten page each submissions graded in three days?! I will be exhausted by Wednesday. My editing job has been nuts too. I edited 40 pages today alone. I love it though :)
  • I am having two girls nights on Friday and Saturday-I will need it after this week. I am very excited for those!
  • Maddie lost her first tooth!!!! It was both shocking (is she really that old?) and exciting as a mother to see her face light up after the tooth fairy came.
  • I am excited for fall, Halloween (Matt is taking a week off!) and for my parents to come visit. Jaiden is supposed to be visiting MT that month too.
  • My brother might be moving back to the states in February-yeah!
  • My other brother landed a show on the OWN network-double yeah!!
  • Matt and I will be escaping to the Stephanie Inn soon-Love that place!
I'm waiting to hear what treatment my dad is going to get for his Prostate Cancer. I am praying all goes well. He has fallen twice this last week, once while he was choking. Lord watch over him.

Oh, and I have a killer bladder infection (I am convinced it has to do with all the fissures in that area getting infected).  Get me some cranberry juice-STAT!

Good nite blogging world. This girl has two kids to get up at six! ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment