Friday, September 23, 2011

A New Challenge

Yesterday my husband informed me that he got diagnosed with a disease (I am not going to mention it here because he has not told many people yet) on Tuesday. We were in Costco shopping and he just broke down. Initially, I was upset that he kept it from me (including the meds) for two days, but I realized he needed to tell me in his own time.

I'm not sure what it is going to be like trying to deal with two diseases (his and mine), but we have gone through many things in our 12 year marriage and this is just another bump in the road.

I am going to an education group with him on Tuesday to find out more and how to handle it. From my research, people feel alone, have depression and have to learn how to cope-all things that I can relate to even though we do not suffer from the same thing.

As a family, we are starting a new eating plan as "clean" foods can help any disease. I am going to remain positive-what else can you do?



"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."   -Carlos Castaneda


~S

No comments:

Post a Comment