Monday, May 30, 2011

Burn :(


The other day we were roasting marshmallows in the backyard around our fire pit-something we do quite often.  We had some neighbor kids over and one of them stuck the metal roasting stick in the fire to melt the marshmallow off-but she stuck it in half way up the pole and let it stay in there until the prongs were bent together. I took it out of the fire and put my hand about half way on the pole and burned two of my fingers.

Some of you know that my left ring finger has a big red scar from being burned when I was three. Needless to say, I hate being burned. I'm not sure if it's the memory of when I was a child, or just the fact that when you get a bad burn it literally burns for hours and hours.

I ended up trying various methods (mustard, milk, ice water, Kava) and ended up staying up until 4 am soaking my hand in ice water until Finally it calmed down enough for me to sleep. Maddie had a sleepover and I was up early making breakfast for the kids-sucky.

I am tired today, my hand is sore and of course there are no bandages in the house to speak of. Oh well...guess I will be careful next time :)

Luckily, my son is the only one who has ever been burned (once from a baseboard heater when he was one and again two weeks ago from a can). He thought it was pretty cool that I got burned-probably so we could each share the pain. LOL. He was fascinated by his blisters-me on the other hand, am not :(

~S

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, burns are the worst I agree because they just hurt forever. So sorry friend!

    ReplyDelete