Saturday, May 21, 2011

Update

Here's a little update on how things are going so far...

My medicine is great. My itching has been reduced some, the side effects are gone and overall I am glad I went on it.

The bidet is awesome! I cannot imagine not having one for the rest of my life. Seriously, everyone should have one :)

After doing the diet for a few weeks, I quit. I didn't notice any changes in my symptoms and the only positive about it was that I was more aware of things I was allergic to and will try to avoid those foods in the future.

Work is going great. It's hard to get used to working when you've been a stay-at-home mom for so long. My freelance job keeps me busy. I have been going to the office to pick-up work and do data entry that has to be done on-site. I love the people I work with and they are really flexible and understanding. They even said if I need to, I can bring Ash with me when I go in. I can work as little or as much as I want and so far, they have been keeping me busy.

Teaching for the University has been a challenge. Basically just getting through all of the training and so forth. I have a break right now and start my first class (officially) on June 21st after my family vacation. It will be interesting to balance both jobs.

Some days are so busy with the freelance job, volunteering and being a mom and wife that making dinner has been a challenge. Luckily I have a great husband who loves to cook and helps me out with the house and kid duty. My friends have been great too. I worked in the morning from home then went to the office yesterday until the evening and was happy to end the day with a free meal and good company at my friends house last night. This morning, my other friend made me and the girls breakfast before the boys returned from their father-son camp-out and this afternoon I am going to a friends house for appetizers and drinks :)

I am truly blessed to have friends that are so helpful. I love the fact that I have the ability to still stay home with the kids, avoid daycare, work from home and that my hubby can watch the kids the days I do have to go to the office.

I am excited for this chapter in my life. I worked a lot of years in college to have a career and I am finally glad that I can balance it with life, friends and family :) It's busy, but I know I can handle all that comes with it. Friends, family and charity are the most important parts of my life. They bring me joy and I love serving others. Despite how busy life can get,  I will always put them first before work.

~S

1 comment:

  1. So we have had a bit of drama this week. We found out we were pregnant with number 4 which would have meant we had a 1,2, and 3 year old (and a 7 year old) all at the same time. Not ideal, though we love our children dearly. We ended up having that pregnancy end in miscarriage which we are OK with, feeling like if it was meant to be than it would have come full term. The reason I mention this here is that it left me wondering how sufferers of this disease give birth. Sherrie, you have three. Was is awful giving birth or do you have to do a cesarean? Are you guys done because of your problem?

    ReplyDelete