Thursday, May 5, 2011

Undiminished

Once again, today is a pain day. I do not blog about all my pain days, but the ones that are really bad, I do. 

I have multiple splits. They are in the raw stage (stinging and burning) and I am miserable. It hurts to walk, sit and even shower. On days like this I have two choices, sit and wallow or get up and face the day. Today, I am choosing to face the day. It's my husband's day off and I am determined to go through some baby clothes in the attic and purge them. Luckily, it is not a hot day, so sweat will not be a contributing factor to my misery.

I always sport yoga pants on my pain days or very baggy jeans. It's not that I feel attractive or even look good in them, but it is the only thing I can wear to feel somewhat comfortable. So don't judge me. LOL!

My splits are so bad, that if there was an option to go get a pain shot or go to the ER to get some relief, I would. But alas, there is not. So I will just deal.

I think it's important to not say anything to my kids about my disease. They know I have one, but I do not make it a point to let them know when I am having a bad day. Sometimes if I do not feel like going out of the house and just want to relax and heal, I will play games inside with them or invite their friends over. I never tell them no to having friends over if I am not feeling good and I never tell them how much pain I am in. I do not want them having the stress and worry of having a parent with an illness at their age. I experienced that with both my parents and I do not wish that on my kids. Although in my parents defense, their diseases were not ones they could hide. :)

I hope that whatever challenges you are facing at this time, you will face the day and make the best of what life gives you.

"Unendurable pain brings its own end with it. Chronic pain is always endurable: the intelligence maintains serenity by cutting itself off from the body, the mind remains undiminished. And the parts that pain affects - let them speak for themselves, if they can."  Marcus Aurelius

~S

1 comment:

  1. Sherry,
    I wish so much that there was an answer for you. No one should have to be in so much pain all the time. You handle it with such grace and I really admire how you don't let it get in the way of your family or living your life.

    ReplyDelete