Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy?

A Really Great Quote:

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. -Ralph Waldo Emerson


Happy?!

This evening when I was driving home from work, I heard some interesting statistics on the radio. According to research, those who focus on whether they are happy and self reflect, are more likely to show over7 different symptoms of depression than people who focus on the happiness of others. Interesting.

I always try to live in the moment and make other people happy. I love having the ability to surprise a friend with a meal, gift, flowers or kind deed-it makes me happy to make them happy. I agree that focusing on other people's happiness is the key to my happiness. Tomorrow morning bright and early I am going to the Ronald McDonald House to volunteer (despite being up until 2 am working the night before) to make a difference in other people's life. Totally worth the lack of sleep. I encourage you to try to do one selfless act a day-it is life changing!

In Other News:

I have had to face the fact that oral sex is not what it is cracked up to be anymore (for me that is). I have noticed a huge change in my sensitivity down there and I am confident it is due to the LS. I'm sure with constant tearing and scarring, ones ability to "feel" has got to be decreased. Oh well, I cannot focus too much on what is happening, but rather what I am still able to do and feel. It is what it is.

I finally told my husband this tonight and his face said it all. It is hard to talk to your spouse about sexual things and what you may and may not like anymore-especially if they like it. But, I have to be honest and face reality-why fake it?!

I think a common thing for LS sufferers is to please their partner, even if it means lying. I cannot change who I am and lie, especially not to my spouse. After all, there are so many other ways to enjoy sex. And besides, I don't hate it, just not what it used to be.~S

No comments:

Post a Comment