Monday, August 22, 2011

Where Have They Gone?!

Where Have My Little Kids Gone?!

This summer, my kids have grown up so much-it.is.crazy.

Ashlin who is almost four can.....

Cut her own strawberries, toast her own waffle, microwave her own meals, load laundry, get her own clothes down from the closet, ride a bike, wash my wood floor, starts her own bath, and go to friends for play dates without mom.

Maddie who is six can.....

Ride the same size bike as her ten year old brother, do laundry, ride to her friends house alone, scrape up her knees without crying (they are bad falls too), plunge a toilet (LOL), make her bed, get her own breakfast, showers on her own, and can open the garage (knows the code) by herself.

Jaiden who is ten can.....

Take his sisters on a bike ride, ride to the bowling alley alone with a friend and play games, went to a movie alone with a friend, is riding my adult mountain bike, takes and picks up his sisters from play dates, can make his sisters breakfast and snacks and spends all day outside with friends (he keeps in contact with me via a cell phone).

It is amazing how they have all grown up. I am proud that my husband and I have raised independent kids who are confident in their abilities. It is nice to have help around the house and with the girls. I think it is important for kids to learn responsibility. I am preparing them to be responsible adults, better spouses and friends.

 In ten months, Jaiden will be able to babysit his siblings. I am preparing him for that now (doing dishes, cleaning up, making basic meals and so forth). We have entered an exciting time. ~S

1 comment:

  1. I'm there with you! My baby girl is 3, THREE I tell you!! Who gave them permission to grow up?? They spend all day outside. In fact, they're outside right now playing in the back yard. I'm grateful that BJ is usually pretty good about playing with his little sis and keeps an eye on her for me. Thing is, as much as I love the baby years and I LOVE the baby years - its so fun to see them growing and learning and trying new things!

    ReplyDelete