Sunday, August 14, 2011

What a Week!!!

This week was crazy!!

We went to the Ape Caves in WA to explore the lava caves-amazing! I found out one of my friends is getting divorced-a complete shocker. I went out with a friend and our girls to a place called McMenamins at Imbrie Hall. The food was average, the atmosphere outside was pretty if you can stand the heat inside. My friend and I were sweating. I think I would go back for drinks, outside, and that is it. It was fun to get to chat with her and reconnect though. Her little girl is so dang cute!

Then....our water pipe broke.

The walls in the garage are damaged.

This is what I woke up to! Running all down the wall and Matt was at work!

After cutting the wall in the attic, we finally found the leak and repaired it. Now we are stuck with all the damage.

Our house is under five years old. I was shocked to find out a pipe busted in the middle of summer. I thought that only happened during freezing weather. Luckily, I have a handy husband who was able to fix it. We can't claim it on our homeowners insurance because the deductible would cost more than the repairs. Oh well, what do you do?! I am just glad it did not damage the inside of our house where we just laid new wood floors. Can you imagine?

It was crazy being home alone with the kids. I had to climb up in the attic to make sure it was not flooding up there, then go shut the water off to our house from the main water line. Neighbors had to bring us water, we could not use the toilets, bathe or do anything that required water for over 12 hours. It made us realize how quickly you need water especially with children in the house if there was a major disaster. Lesson learned-have tons of water on hand!!!

It was hard not being able to use my bidet or shower too with my LS. I was so grateful to be able to bathe at night once he got it fixed. I was about ready to go shower at a friend's house. Lol!

Hopefully your week is going better :) ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment