Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Creative

I have been asked many times how I balance everything (work, three kids, chores and so forth). The main thing people (women that is) are curious about is how I keep my house so clean. It really is easy and to me comes naturally-always has.

I have a way of both spending time with my kids AND cleaning. I have had friends in the past make remarks about how they would rather spend time with their kids than clean, but trust me, it is possible to do both and enjoy it.

When I came home from work today, Matt had to leave to court and the house was a mess. I had not seen Ashlin all day and wanted to spend time with her, but the kitchen needed to be cleaned. So, instead of stressing out, I simply got out her paints, sat her at the bar by me and we chatted about her day while I cleaned the kitchen.

She created some beautiful works of art that we will hang in our hallway, I got the kitchen sparkly clean and we bonded. Easy.

This is what she created...



What do you do with your kids while you clean? ~S

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a daily cleaning routine that you just do every day? If so when do you do it? Do you clean in little bits throughout the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pricilla-Yes. My kids are in charge of: their own rooms, bathroom, laundry (loading and putting away), dishwasher, kitty related chores, garbage and dusting. As you can see, that takes care of a ton of it. They have to do these right after school. I basically clean when I can. For instance, if the girls are in the bath, I will wipe down the bathroom while watching them. If they are eating dinner or doing homework, I will wipe down the fridge or microwave. So, I guess the answer to your question is yes, I do a little throughout the day :). I think you just need to find your own routine. I would imagine with all of your kids, you should be able to get some great helpers! ~S

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question: what do you do with your kids while you clean?
    I scream and yell and bribe them to help me!! LOL just kidding, not all the time.
    My kids like it when I put on music and they can dance while we clean or we play different kinds of clean up games.
    Most importantly, I Help them clean rather than just boss them around while I sit on my rear.

    ReplyDelete