Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Delete

After much thought, I have decided to "delete" the blogs I was reading except for two.

With me working two jobs and the bulk of that time spent online, it is easy to get distracted and read blogs rather than using my time wisely and working. This leads to me not getting as much done as I want and me spending less time with my kids.

The reason why I kept these two blogs is because they are both inspirational to me for very different reasons. One is an author's blog and the other a busy mother of 6. I can't imagine not reading theirs.

I recently read an article about how mom's are always online. I was pondering this the other day after I realized that I was checking FB via my android while at the park with my girls. I realized at that moment that when Jaiden was a baby and for the first half of his life, I was not constantly "plugged in" to the virtual world. I did not text or have the ability to go online at a moments notice.

I want my girls to remember me being in the moment with them, not staring at my phone screen.

So, I will cut down on both blogging, blog reading and FB. Who knows, perhaps I will stop using FB all together :).

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment