Thursday, May 3, 2012

Patience

You are probably wondering why I am blogging at 3 in the morning...

I can't fall asleep. Remember my post about possibly the worst fissures and pain I have been in a few weeks ago? They have still not healed completely and are in the process of healing over with scar tissue.

What does this mean to me? The feeling of creepy crawlies on my skin, itching and stinging.

So, instead of getting in the shower and crying, I opened the book Heaven is Here (I blogged about it the last post) and read these lines:

"Our hearts matter most.  Your (Me) heart matters most, so be gentler and more patient with yourself....be kinder and more compassionate to others. It's a beautiful heart, not a perfect body, that leads to a beautiful life." -Stephanie Nielson (nienie)

When I wake up in less than three hours to get my kids off to school, get ready for work and come home to work my second job grading finals + help my kids with homework, hear about their day and make dinner, I will not be grumpy from lack of sleep, general uncomfortableness and exhaustion.

I will be grateful, patient with myself, with my body to heal-although it is slow, and be kinder to those around me despite how I feel. ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment