Monday, September 24, 2012

Hmmmmm...

I am feeling better and not so down. I had a busy day on Monday with school, preschool, work, Costco and ballet. I bought my first Christmas gift for the girls too (I love to start early).

In the past, I have had two friendships end due to stupid misunderstandings. One was with a situation with my son and his friend and this friendship (the boys and us moms) has been repaired. It is so fun having my son's friend over again :).

The other one was with a friend from HS. I am not sure what the heck happened other than she was upset over a few things (one being when her brother died). It is always hard to know how to help a friend that has such a huge loss. Long story short, I did my best to be there for her, but it was not enough and after she moved, we parted ways.

I went to Utah last summer and got together with my old HS gang (other than the friend I had a falling out with). Over the last few months, we have connected via FB (well, we hit "like" but have never actually had a conversation) and she recently made it known that she is coming to OR in October and wants to get together (with me and a huge group of ladies).

So the question is, do I go?

Being friends with women is tough. I am grateful for the friends that have stuck by me since HS, before I was a mom, when my kids were little and now in this great stage of my life.

I am a firm believer in Forgiveness and reminded my husband of this tonight when I asked his advice on whether I should reconnect with this friend. After all, I want to be an example of forgiveness, especially for my kids. How can I lecture them on friendships if I am not practicing it myself?

Forgiveness forces us to go beyond who we were and enter a place of emotional and spiritual maturity. 

I guess I just answered my question. -S

-S

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness forces us to go beyond who we were and enter a place of emotional and spiritual maturity.

    I LOVE that! I think I will post it on my FB wall for a certain someone to see! Maybe even on my wall at home! ha!

    ReplyDelete