Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spark

The problem with finding a potential treatment (not cure) after about 33 years of suffering is realizing that it is so far out of reach. I emailed the doctor that is doing the treatments in Beverly Hills for LS to see what the cost is and if he is willing to do a consult.

Finding that article and doctor was both hopeful and incredibly depressing. While I am over the moon that someone may have found something that may help me, the cost to do it is nothing short of impossible.

Each treatment I would have to pay for airfare, hotel and medical costs. What if it does not work? What if I spend all that money and it only lessens my symptoms for a short while?

I am utterly depressed today. I hate that feeling :(.

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all.  Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach.  Check your road and the nature or your battle.   -Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment