Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday

Yesterday I went to Home Goods with the hubby and discovered that I spend way more when he is with me. Mainly because he actually encourages me to get stuff for our house. I am the "tight" one in the family when it comes to spending, so it was interesting. My laundry room is now done and I got a cool wreath for the front door, a basket to hold dish cloths for the second pantry and a cool two tier platter for our Halloween Party.

Here is what the second pantry under the stairs ended up looking like.  My husband is amazing. He basically got it done in half-a-day. He had to cut away the wall, move supporting 2 x 4's and add a new supporting beam on the top and more 2 x 4's on each side, move the light switch, wire a second light for the pantry, install a wood floor and do molding around the frame. Love him!



I am finally starting to feel better from this nasty cold and hope to get on the treadmill tonight.  The  5k is 27 days away!

My eating has been great. I am down 24 lbs and my next weigh in is on Wednesday.  I am down a pant size and shirt size too. Still a long way to go, but it is a start :). I should be done dieting by the end of January, so that gives me plenty of time to tone up before my renewal of vows in July.

Life is crazy right now. I go to work after the two older kids go to school, then I make it home in time to pick up J and M, give them a snack and then leave to pick up A. Then it's chores, homework, cleaning, laundry, after school activities, dinner, bath, bedtime and working from home for me until I collapse. Life is good though. I am very blessed. Plus, I like my life a little crazy :).

Wish me luck over the next three days. I have to grade two classes instead of one. That means double the amount of work to balance with my editing and my dissertation editing. Yikes! -Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment