Sunday, June 24, 2012

LS & Traveling

Traveling with LS is a challenge to say the least.

Each place we stayed, we had to make sure that there was a hand sprayer in the shower. A regular shower head just does not do the job when you itch and are sore.

Not having a bidet sucked! Add the dry heat (95+) of UT and CO and it is hard to even function.

It was interesting because Maddie has both eczema and molluscum skin issues and they flared so bad in the dry weather. It was crazy! Poor kid had bumps from the molluscum and puffy, raw rashes from the eczema on her neck, arms, legs, back, thighs and belly. She was literally covered in rashes and bumps. I think both of us were glad to get back to the weather of Oregon :). Her rash is already improving.

I was proud of myself though. Despite the heat and how bad I got after 7 hours at an amusement park, I stuck through it and put on a happy face. I refuse to create memories with my kids where they missed out on their mom there because of a disease. I am not my disease, but rather Sherrie.

My disease will not define who I am or what I do :). ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment