Friday, August 24, 2012

Choosing Healthy

I mentioned in a previous post that we were meeting with a nutritionist. I am happy to report that it went well and we learned more about Matt's disease and how to better help him. One interesting thing I learned was that when you drink alcohol, your body immediately stores it as fat. Crazy!

We went on a date last night to my work (exciting I know) and then to see Batman. We don't go to movies that often (only a few times a year) and usually get some sort of treat, drink and popcorn.



I have been doing really good on my clean eating and was determined not to cheat. I am happy to report that I brought a Sobe from home and some carrots, sugar snap peas and a variety of olives and pickles. It was great! Just the right amount of salty, sweet (from the carrots) and crunch. I was satisfied and did not regret once not getting all the junk.

Today I pick-up Maddie after work and we are getting ready for our annual PD BBQ tomorrow. Busy, Busy!

Happy Friday! ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment